Visitors

Monday, February 17, 2014

MUNROE REVIVES HIS OWN WORK! FILM AT 11!!

 Guest reviewer, Judith Weston, is an actor, an author and a teacher of the craft of theatre.  Because I won't be able to get right out to see Jan Munroe's  Alligator Tails at Theatre/ Theater, I asked Judy to weigh in about this one.  Caveat!  Munroe is a pal and a terrific performer. I saw this piece when he first put it up and it was really great then. Michael Sheehan 

Here's what Ms Weston has to say:


My friend Jan Munroe in Alligator Tails! I saw it 30 years ago and I saw it last night! Thank you Jan for reviving one of my favorite pieces of theater. It's surreal, funny, breathtaking. Jan calls it "cornpone surrealism" - don't expect a linear narrative - Capote meets Faulkner maybe? BUT don't miss it! - Judith Weston

ALLIGATOR TAiLS 
Written and Performed by Jan Munroe
Theatre Theater
5041 Pico Blvd., 1 blk W. of La Brea
Saturdays @5, Sundays @ 7, Mondays @ 8 
(no show Feb. 24th!) through March 24th;
Res: 323-850-6344; $20
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment